Two things: It’s Wednesday morning, and I hate Georgia Tech.
Glad that’s out of the way. Here’s a roundup of some Dawg news you may have missed either prepping for Thanksgiving or hating Tech:
- The Dawgs lost to Kansas in basketball. Yante Maten played well, but Kansas was just too much.
- As discussed in detail here, former UGA defensive coordinator Brian Van Gorder is back in Athens serving as an analyst for Kirby Smart.
- 3 star ILB Monty Rice is set to take an official visit to Athens on December 2nd. Rice accrued 137 tackles, four picks, and four touchdowns in 12 games this season. The Madison, AL product could be a diamond in the rough for Georgia.
- Three juniors on Georgia’s defense say they aren’t thinking about the NFL Draft right now, but stated that a decision does indeed loom soon. Linebackers Davin Bellamy and Lorenzo Carter and safety Dominick Sanders are focused on sending the seniors out with a win versus Tech. Personally, I think all three should come back, as all their stocks would likely rise with another year in Smart and Mel Tucker’s defense.
Natrez Patrick is still in a non-contact jersey at practice. He would be a big boost to a UGA defense that looks to slow down the
early 1900’s offensetriple-option.
- Wendell Carter, a five-star prospect from Pace Academy, is expected to commit to Duke today. That was to be expected, I suppose, as his other finalists were Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Harvard. Still, one can think what could have been…
Until next time… Go Dawgs!!