We’ve got a big day ahead of us, so we’ll get right to it. The ribs are on the smoker, the bourbon is in the rocks glass, and the T-Pain is playing much louder than my neighbors would probably like at 6 am.
Now here’s some news and such :
- In case you missed it, the Hoop Dawgs fell to Clemson last night to open the season. Let’s hope the Gridiron Dawgs fare better against their own set of Tigers this afternoon.
- Kyle Funderburk at Dawn of the Dawg reminds us that the month of November has been very, very good to Georgia recently. 24-4 since 2010. Now that’s a stat I can get down with.
- Emily Giambalvo of the Red & Black details potential impacts of any lingering wildfire smoke on Saturday’s game. My nasal passages would certainly appreciate it if the smoke would go ahead and subside so I can go back to deeply breathing in the aromatic fumes of slowly burning hickory and smoked meats.
- Ooh, look! Georgia already beat Auburn! That’s some hardcore equitation over fences and reigning, y’all.
- I can understand how, given the circumstances of the season, you may be having a hard time getting hyped for the game this afternoon. As usual, Frank Martin has you covered.
And before we go...
- Not too long ago, a struggling Georgia team with a highly-touted freshman QB at the helm took on a Top 10 Auburn team. Then this happened. I don’t know if this team has a Tra Battle, but I’m excited to find out.
That’s all for now folks. Your Early Games Comment Thread is coming up soon. Until then, feel free to share your morning shenanigans here. See y’all after the game.
Auburna delenda est and GOOOO DAWGS!!!