I hope that you and yours are enjoying a restful Labor Day. Don't get too used to it, though. It's a Monday following a college football Saturday. And we all know what that normally means: catching up on all the things you were "supposed" to do this weekend. And probably on Friday of last week, too. But before you get too wrapped up in your day, let's take a look at what needs to be accomplished before we close the book on the first Saturday of the college football season.
- Get ready for the Dawg Sports Goat Roast this weekend at the Blind Pig in Athens. We'll once again be roasting the metaphorical goat this Saturday at the Blind Pig on Baldwin. The game starts at 3:30 eastern up in Nashville and, if you're not going to be a part of the group traveling up there to outnumber the 54 weary and beleaguered Commodore fans, we'd love for you to join us.
- Wish Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams a speedy recovery. Williams suffered what was termed a "small neck fracture" which sounds like a bit of an oxymoron to me. There's no world in which fracturing your neck is not a big deal.
- Get ready for tonight's Ohio State/Virginia Tech rematch. We'll have an open thread for the game starting at 8:00 p.m. on ESPN. Personally, I expect Urban Meyer's team to do awful, horrible things to a Hokie squad which they've had all summer to think murderous thoughts about. But Frank Beamer is a cagey one, so there's really no telling what he'll have dialed up. Should be fun no matter what.
- Circle the Georgia/Alabama game once more on the calendar. Obviously there's only so much we can glean from the 'Dawgs dismantling Louisiana-Monroe. But if you watched Alabama Saturday night bludgeoning Wisconsin 35-17 with a power-heavy attack you no doubt thought that October 3rd date in Athens could be a bruising, old-school matchup. I have to admit, I much prefer oop-de-oop, unnecessarily cute, Lane Kiffin offenses to the one I saw this weekend.
- Learn this cool celebration dance from Northwestern assistant Jerry Brown. So much awesome here.
When ya Momma's boyfriend is trying to stunt on your biological father at the family BBQ https://t.co/YTAS21dEpb— Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) September 6, 2015
That's it. That's the list. Now get cracking on it and . . .