It's 57 degrees and windy at beautiful Everbank Field in Jacksonville, Florida as we prepare to kick off the 93rd edition of the Georgia/Florida game. A few pre game items of note.
- Holy crap the new video boards really are massive. Like something out of an EA Sports video game massive:
- The wind may be a bit of a factor, with sustained winds around 20 and gusts up to 40. That's enough to make the goalposts sway and more than enough to knock footballs off kickoff tees. It's also enough to sap some of the strength from players as the game goes on. Anyone who's ever played football on a cold, windy day knows that there's nothing quite as miserable.
- I'm not as sure that the wind will affect the passing game. Neither Georgia or Florida is likely to be throwing a lot of 40 yard downfield bombs anyway, and the wind doesn't have as much of an effect on the quick screens and slants that Georgia is now emphasizing with Mason.
- Speaking of the passing game, Jonathon Rumph is active for the first time this season, it will be interesting to see if the Bulldog coaches try to use him or if he's there mostly for numbers at this point.
- Both teams playing in their home uniforms is kind of a cool look that should become a thing. That is all.
Until halftime, enjoy the game, keep it civil, and . . .