Most of us are obviously laser-focused on the game occurring on the banks of the St. John's this afternoon just after 3:30. But there's plenty of football happening prior to then, some of it well worth watching. As always RedCrake brought you the full TV schedule earlier in the week, but the early highlights are these:
- Air Force travels to Army (11:30 eastern, CBS) in a battle of service academies. If you're a real American you'll watch at least 3 minutes of it.
- Louisiana-Monroe travels to College Station for a noon matchup on SEC Network, likely to be the first start of touted Aggie freshman Kyle Allen. Yes, Texas A&M was starting another highly touted freshman three weeks ago and he adorably was trying to trademark nicknames like he was on the way to his third Heisman? Life in the SEC is fickle, right kid?
- Maryland travels to Penn State for a B1G! game (noon, ESPN2) in Happy Valley. Actually there's probably not a lot of reason to watch this one unless you like to see excited yankees in sweatshirts watching mediocre sporting events.
- Wisconsin at Rutgers (noon, ESPN). See above, only insert "with garbage swirling around" at the end.
- North Carolina flees an early snow for the warmer climes of south Florida to play Miami (12:30, ABC). Since the Tarheels aren't playing THE Eastern Carolina Pirates they may have a shot. The Hurricanes are due to play the kind of meh-smerizing football we've come to expect from them under Al Golden.
We'll be back shortly with the open comment thread for the only game that really matters on the day. Until then stay warm, be good to each other, and think very deeply before you apply for the Michigan AD's job. Until later . . .