We've already given you a taste of how the Georgia Bulldogs may fare in their first three games of the 2012 campaign. Now we come to the Commies of Nashville.
Head Coach: Lil' Jimmy Franklin (He of the punchable face)
Location: Nashville, TN
Biggest Strength: The Wives! My God, The Wives! D-I Talent! (allegedly)
Last Year: 6-7 (2-6 in conference)
- SB Nation Affiliate: Anchor Of Gold
This game is going to be ugly. I know this because when we've played Vanderbilt recently, it always seems to be ugly. To find out just how ugly, hit the jump..
Why You Should Worry:
- I don't know if you remember much about last year (I've tried to block a good deal of it out myself), but Georgia seemed to forever be letting teams hang around. Sometimes it bit us, sometimes we got away with it. Vanderbilt got really good at hanging around last season. In fact, 5 of Vanderbilt's 7 losses last season were by a touchdown or less. In addition to losing to Georgia by 5, they fell to #8 Arkansas (3 points), Florida (5 points), Tennessee (6 points in OT), and Cincinnati (7 points).
- The talent at Vanderbilt is of a much higher quality than it was 25, 10, or even 5 years ago. Vandy is an up and comer as far as recruiting is concerned (Ranked #29 in Rivals 2012 Recruiting Class Rankings). Existing impact players include QB Jordan Rodgers, RB Zac Stacy, and WR Jordan Matthews.
- We're Georgia... we lose games like this.
Why You Shouldn't:
- Vanderbilt hangs around a lot, but they don't close. It may result in a much closer game than Georgia fans would like (and God knows we love to give games away), but until Vandy shows that they can consistently turn those close losses into close victories, I'm not going to favor them against any of the SEC power players.
- Jordan Rodgers isn't his brother. Last year, he completed 50% of his passes, threw 9 TDs, and 10 INTs. Stacy was a 1200 yard rusher, which is obviously a concern... but its not going to matter much if they can't hold Georgia's offense in check. Last year (in a game many Georgia fans considered a "disappointment"), Vandy gave up 443 yards of offense... 326 through the air. Both were season highs for the Commodores.
- They're Vanderbilt... they lose games like this.
What's Gonna Happen?:
You see all that stuff I just wrote up there? Forget it. I said this game is gonna be ugly and it is. James Franklin pissed off Todd Grantham in a bad way. It turns out that wasn't the best idea. I don't have any inside info or anything, but I sort of have this feeling that Todd Grantham has rededicated his life to embarrassing James Franklin and the Vanderbilt Commodores in 2012. Like I said, its gonna be ugly... early and often. Franklin can jump up and down all he wants, but Grantham and the Dawgs D are gonna KTMFD.
Georgia wins 42-0 (72-0 if Grantham catches Franklin looking at his wife)*
*Author's Note: This post may contain hyperbole. Then again, it may not.