Its almost here boys and girls. The SEC Championship Game is just one day away and most of us are filled with rapidly alternating feelings of excitement and dread. But before we get to the craziness of Championship Saturday, we have a few last Dawg Bites to digest.
We have some quality tidbits for you this morning, but first lets get things started with a little mood music from Athens...
Alright, now that we've taken care of your ear holes, lets satisfy those peepers. And away we go...
Around Dawg Sports:
Since last we spoke with you on Wednesday morning, the Dawg Sports community has been busy filling the internet and the airwaves with quality content as our Georgia Bulldogs prepare to defeat the Alabama Crimson Tide and capture the SEC Championship! OMG! To wit:
- A few evenings ago, your favorite verbose blogger (and mine), T. Kyle King, made his third appearance on ESPNU's UNITE to discuss this weekend's game.... and once again, TKK brought it.
- Cherokee's Grip again proves that, like Maya Angelou, she is a phenomenal woman as she gets all literary regarding our upcoming matchup. Should the Dawgs lose this weekend, consider this my formal request for some Sylvia Plath next week.
- We get no respect. And memphisdawg thinks that may be a good thing. I tend to agree.
- IntelJumper has some strong words for any defensive players that may be opening their mouth more than necessary and it would probably be wise for our players to heed them. That said, pop Bama in the mouth and they can talk all they want.
- And finally, SilverBritches83 believes Alec Ogletree may have finally found his spirit animal.
Around The Interwebz:
- Over at SBNation Atlanta, Doug lays bare his psychoses and attempts to determine what will happen in the Georgia Dome. The results are as enlightening and hilarious as you might expect.
- Its a couple of days old, but if you haven't read this piece by Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports, you should. It does a pretty fantastic job of summing up the last couple of years for Georgia and explaining what many of us are feeling going into the SECCG.
- Mark Weiszer brings us an interesting look at what its like for Georgia OL Coach Will Friend to be going against his alma mater on Saturday.
- Mandel gonna Mandel
- And finally, Seth Emerson has an informative Q&A with Alabama beat writer Andrew Gribble.