I arrived home this afternoon, checked the mail, and saw that my Liberty Bowl tickets had arrived. (Don’t mention that to my children if you see them; the fact that the four of us are taking a trip to Memphis is a surprise, about which they will learn Christmas morning.)
I’m not just mentioning that to you so I can lord it over you that I have Liberty Bowl tickets; in fact, I’m letting you know because you have an opportunity before you.
You see, when my wife and I first planned this trip, I went ahead and placed an order for four tickets. After that order was placed, my wife and I talked it over and decided that it would be neither practical nor wise to take our two-year-old daughter to a game being played outdoors on New Year’s Eve. Consequently, although all four of us are making the trip to Memphis, only my seven-year-old son and I will be going to the game.
Therefore, I have two extra tickets to the Liberty Bowl.
I am interested in selling these two tickets at face value ($50.00 per ticket), but, rather than sell them through a completely anonymous forum like eBay, I thought I’d start here. This is not a "best offer" opportunity---I’m looking to recoup my costs, not turn a profit; the price is $50.00 per ticket, period---nor is it a "first come, first served" opportunity, because, frankly, I don’t want to run the risk of spending three hours sitting out in the cold next to Xinyue545454.
I’m going to this game with my seven-year-old son to see A.J. Green play what almost certainly will be his final game in a Georgia uniform. I want this to be a great experience for all involved, and the fact that I have two extra tickets puts me in a position to exercise at least some measure of control over the environment in which I watch the game. I intend to be a little selective, as it matters to me with whom my son and I are sitting.
If you’re interested in purchasing my two extra tickets to the Liberty Bowl, here is the procedure:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. See where it says "managers"? Right below that are MaconDawg’s and my avatars. Next to my name is an envelope icon. Click on that to send me an e-mail.
- Send me an e-mail with the subject line "Liberty Bowl tickets." Include your screen name, your real name, and your contact information. This isn’t an essay contest; you need not go into further detail, although you can if you like.
- The cutoff will be 7:00 p.m. Eastern time next Monday, December 20. At that time, I’ll go through all the e-mails and get in touch with the lucky winner, either that evening or the following day. Once the transaction has been arranged, I’ll post a notice here saying the tickets have been sold.
- My strong preference is to sell the two tickets together, but, if enough people are interested in purchasing them individually, I’ll consider selling one ticket apiece to two different people. If you only want one, say so in your e-mail; otherwise, I will assume anyone who sends me an e-mail is willing and able to buy both tickets.
- I reserve, disclaim, and disavow anything and everything to avoid my having to retain MaconDawg to prosecute or defend any legal, administrative, or other proceeding pertaining to any argument arising out of this whole deal. I’m just trying to unload a couple of tickets and sit with folks who aren’t total strangers; I’d prefer it if this arrangement could unfold without it involving recourse to my day job.
I hope no one will take it personally if the tickets go to someone else; although (as I indicated above) I intend to be a little selective, the review process won’t be quite as rigorous as a loan application. It is entirely possible---I would say even likely---that I will put most (if not all) of the e-mails in a hat and draw one out at random; I just don’t want to put myself in the position of promising that the tickets will go to the first person who contacts me and winding up being obligated to sell them to GatorBoyMusCHOMP111 who signed up just for the purpose of posting comments that say, "Woooooooooooo!" I promise you I won’t be sitting there with a legal pad with columns marked "pro" and "con" attempting to weigh the relative merits of DavetheDawg, RedCrake, and tankertoad.
I hope I may look forward to sitting with a couple of you at the Liberty Bowl!