I hope you had the chance to kick back and relax this weekend, but, if you did, you may have missed a thing or two and your Monday morning is probably a bit too busy for you to get caught up without a little assistance. Here's what may have escaped your notice over the last few days:
- Due to a rain delay on Friday evening, the Diamond Dogs had to play four games in two days, taking on Sacred Heart on Saturday morning, Florida State on Saturday night, Jacksonville on Sunday afternoon, and Florida State again on Sunday evening. The seventh and final game of the N.C.A.A. Athens Regional will take place at Foley Field at 7:00 tonight between the Bulldogs and the Seminoles, with the winner advancing to the super-regionals.
- Doug Gillett had a birthday yesterday, but I really shouldn't mention it, since he clearly didn't want a big deal to be made of it. Happy (belated) birthday, Doug.
My birthday gift to Doug was allowing him to be seen in public with me at the G-Day game, thereby making him appear infinitely cooler than he actually is. (I'm kidding, really. Seriously, I'm so uncool that I got Brian's Kobayashi Maru reference without needing to have it explained to me.)
- A question came up about Ray Goff, which I answered at some length. Feel free to share your thoughts on the era of Georgia football about which Bulldog Nation was most divided.
- The Oregon-Oregon State game will be played on the Friday after Thanksgiving. If you're going to gorge yourself on turkey and watch two teams wearing those uniforms on a big-screen T.V., I would respectfully recommend that you keep an air sickness bag handy.
I do not want to watch this on a full stomach!
- Speaking of Thanksgiving weekend, it comes as no surprise that Tommy Tuberville said something asinine, but, fortunately, Swamp Ball was there to set him straight.
- Finally, The Weblogging Disclosure Statement received many thoughtful responses, some of which expressed wholehearted agreement, others of which offered reasonable constructive criticisms. As a result of this feedback, I have made a few modifications. Hey, it was just a theory.