Can it really be true that the work week is nearly halfway gone? In that case, there's no time to dally and we should get right down to business. You might want to take notes, because here's the information that's mission critical:
- I have made up my mind about major league baseball.
- Roll Bama Roll and Dawg Sports exchanged interview questions about the upcoming football season. Nico's thoughts are published below and my replies appear at Roll Bama Roll.
You can feel however you want about the team, but you have to love that logo!
- Would you like to see the N.C.A.A. tournament field expanded to 128 teams? Around the Oval wouldn't, either.
- In addition to garnering some positive publicity, the SportsBlogs Nation family is continuing to grow, branching out into all areas of athletic competition. The latest addition to the fold is Bad Left Hook, a boxing blog that may finally succeed at composing a comprehensive list of college football teams and the boxers to whom they are analogous. In any case, I welcome Bad Left Hook to SportsBlogs Nation.
Ah, the sweet science.
- A well-known University of Texas football coach used to say that three things could happen when you threw the ball . . . and two of them were bad. The partisans of Offensive Chic would scoff at such horse-and-buggy thinking, but Sunday Morning Quarterback has dived inside the numbers and come to the conclusion that passing teams aren't so much winning teams. Are you surprised by that? I'm not.
- Remember the idea for an S.E.C. channel? Doug has figured out just where it should go . . . Univision! Doug's idea scores a major goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!
That ought to get you up to speed, so finish your morning cup of coffee and get to work.