While you were away for the weekend, here's what was happening here at Dawg Sports:
- A Sea of Blue and I have exchanged interview questions concerning Georgia's and Kentucky's prospects next football season. His answers to my questions are published here and my answers to his questions will appear at his site.
- Challenges to my radical realignment plan for the new Midwestern Conference were raised by Around the Oval and Maize n Brew . . . twice. My attempt to answer A.T.O. seemed to convince him, but U.M. Chicago hasn't quite been persuaded by my defense of conference championship games or my demotion of Northwestern to Conference U.S.A. U.M. Chicago (also known as Dave) has promised to offer a retort of his own, to which I have promised to give a fair hearing, so stay tuned.
I'd be more impressed if the Wildcats had put together more than three winning seasons in the decade since 1995.
- The Diamond Dogs engaged in a weekend duel with South Carolina with the Red and Black's postseason prospects at stake. How did the Bulldogs fare at Foley Field on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Check out my game reports for the answers.
- Last week's Dawg Sports poll question yielded a hotly-contested vote and produced a plurality winner, as Mary-Louise Parker was chosen to succeed Kristin Davis as the "Dawg Sports worthy" lady most often appearing in my postings. (Yes, "succeed," for no one could ever truly replace her.)
"I'd like to thank the Academy . . . and my agent . . . and that guy who kept hitting 'refresh' so he could vote for me more than once a day. . . ."
- This week's Dawg Sports poll question concerns Georgia's out-of-conference football scheduling. Naturally, my top five choices are a matter of public record, but the Oregon Ducks are among the contenders because it appears possible that the squad from Eugene will appear on the Bulldogs' slate in the next decade. Which team would you prefer to see the 'Dawgs meet on the gridiron? Your comments and ballots are invited.
- Who was really responsible for Georgia's quadruple-overtime victory on the Plains in 1996? Is it a good idea to have a drink before a Georgia home game? Do other webloggers care what I think about "Grey's Anatomy"? The answers to these and other questions are available in the links you see before you.