The weekend is almost upon us, so, before you close up shop and hit the road, permit me to offer a brief run-down of noteworthy nuggets accessible on-line:
- Late last night (or early this morning, depending upon how you choose to look at it), I reported on the Gym Dogs' dominance in the first round of the N.C.A.A. Women's Gymnastics Championships. The Georgia athletic association website has more details, including the fact that the undefeated Gym Dogs (31-0) are the only team to have advanced to every "Super Six" Finals since 1993, having won their first-day prelim session 10 times during that span.
- The Georgia Sports Blog has a new look. Check out the picture of Mark Richt giving the refs the business in the upper left-hand corner.
- Here's a question you'd just as soon not get from your wife on a Thursday night: "Why is there a random picture of Kristin Davis on your weblog?"
Really, this is going to get me in trouble with the missus if I don't cut it out after this one.
- Over at MGoBlog, Brian tackles the out-of-conference scheduling question in the first installment of a series. Stay tuned.
- The proprietor of A Sea of Blue comes clean and owns up to his marked lack of enthusiasm for Kentucky football, a sentiment shared by some readers here at Dawg Sports.
- This fact about Steve Spurrier is just plain creepy.