We've passed the halfway point of SEC Media Days 2014. The day begins not with coaches or players but SEC coordinator of officials Steve Shaw and ESPN Senior V.P. of College Networks Justin Connolly. I'm sure Shaw will enlighten us about how he and his charges plan to
screw us over once again
foster the safety of players and integrity of the game. Connolly will certainly talk about his network's exciting partnership with the league.
But after that we get down to the real football talk. Gary Pinkel, fresh off shutting down karaoke last night at Harry Focker's Goodtime Supper Club with his David Allan Coe medley, gets us started. Later in the day we'll get to hear from the always entertaining Leslie Roscoe Miles, who'll no doubt have a few things to say about athlete compensation, playoffs, and no telling what else. There's no telling how many questions media members have saved up for this one. It should be fun. The full schedule for today is as follows:
Session I: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- SEC coordinator of officials Steve Shaw
- ESPN Senior V.P. of College Networks Justin Connolly
- Missouri head coach Gary Pinkel. Would a Gary Pinkel interview drinking game be too meta?
- Missouri center Evan Boehm
- Missouri defensive end Markus Golden
- Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk. Will likely be asked how it feels toreplace a guy like James Franklin, and whether he's considered saving up to buy another "t" to go in his name.
Session II: 2-5 p.m.
As with previous sessions you can watch on various EPSN platforms or catch the live stream on the SEC website.
And we'll be here to discuss all the action. Until later . . .