Jeb Blazevich is a 6-5, 230 pound tight end prospect out of Charlotte Christian School in Charlotte North Carolina. He committed to the Bulldogs last April over Clemson and Ole Miss and is the only tight end currently in Georgia's 2014 class. He is billed as a 4-Star recruit by virtually every recruiting service out there and is regarded as one of the top tight end prospects in the country.
When you watch video of Blazevich, one of the first things that jumps out at you is that he looks like a big receiver. He has soft hands like a receiver, but with his size could also develop into a blocker at the end.
Here is a look at some of his highlights:
The book on Blazevich is that currently his pass catching skills are ahead of his blocking skills. He's got good enough speed for his size and is also described as a good route runner. He has displayed a good work ethic and has plenty of room to grow and develop as a blocker.
As was pointed out earlier, the Bulldogs are a bit thin at tight end with Arthur Lynch gone and with Ty Flourney-Smith headed elsewhere. Jay Rome is the undisputed No. 1 at the position but Blazevich could challenge red shirt freshman Jordan Davis for playing time.
- 2014 Recruiting Player Profiles: William Ham.
- Vanderbilt vs Georgia final score: Bulldogs upset at home by Commodores
- Completing The Puzzle: Bulldogs Look To Finish Strong For Class Of 2014.
- Georgia hires Tracy Rocker and Kevin Sherrer to defensive staff
- Georgia vs Kentucky final score: Bulldogs' road woes continue against Wildcats