Happy Groundhog Day! In honor of the occasion, I offer you a little mood music, which I suspect will warm the heart of DavetheDawg on this chilly day:
Now, to my reason for calling you all here this morning. As you doubtless have noticed, it’s a little early for a college basketball game, but fear not, because there are many, many Georgia sporting events to arrest your attention this fine Saturday. These are they:
- Women’s Golf: Lady Bulldog Invitational at the University of Georgia Golf Course at 8:00 a.m.
- Women’s Tennis: No. 6 Georgia at No. 19 Clemson at 11:00 a.m.
- Swimming and Diving: Georgia and South Carolina at Alabama at 12:00 noon
- Women’s Equestrian: No. 3 Georgia at No. 1 South Carolina at 1:00 p.m.
- Men’s Basketball: Georgia at South Carolina at 1:30 p.m. on the SEC Network
- Women’s Gymnastics: No. 8 Georgia v. No. 5 Alabama in Stegeman Coliseum at 4:00 p.m.
- Track: Akron Invitational in Akron, Ohio, at 5:00 p.m.
- Ice Hockey: Georgia v. Georgia Tech in Cumming, Georgia, at 9:00 p.m.
That, my friends, is what we in the business call a full rich day. Eight different bunches of Bulldogs will be engaged in intercollegiate competition over the course of this fine Saturday, with the last such event commencing 13 hours after the first. In between, there will be matchups of top 20 teams (in women’s tennis), of top ten teams (in women’s gymnastics), and of top five teams (in women’s equestrian). Georgia golfers and track athletes will take part in invitationals, while Red and Black swimmers and divers will take part in a double dual meet to conclude the regular season prior to taking part in the SEC Championships beginning on February 19. Georgia will face non-conference rival Clemson in one sport, non-conference rival Georgia Tech in one sport, conference rival Alabama in two sports, and division rival South Carolina in three sports, including a televised men’s basketball game in the middle of the day.
Please join us in the all-day all-sports open comment thread as the spirit moves you throughout this fine Saturday.