Good morning, Dawg fans. It's Monday morning, and the Georgia Bulldogs are 2-0, and 1-0 in the SEC. It's a great day to be a Dawg!
Here are your stories and links of interest for a Monday morning. (I was on the road driving back from Mizzou until 3:30 this morning, so I apologize if any of these links have already been posted in other locations at the blog.)
- We were more banged up than Mark Richt let on - Apparently, Jarvis Jones had a "minor" groin injury (Note: There are no minor groin injuries), but it certainly didn't show on Saturday. Also, Malcolm Mitchell was only at 80%, and John Theus wasn't full-speed, either.
- Postgame quotes from Coach Richt and a number of players - I might be reading a little too much between the lines here, but I think the quotes from the WR's and Aaron Murray show that they were thinking what I was thinking... that Mike Bobo's play calling in the first half was pretty dang erratic and crazy, but he settled down in the second half and called plays that better set up to our advantages and Mizzou's weaknesses.
- Jarvis Jones "may be the best defensive player in America" - Mark Richt, stating what we all know to be a fact.
- I think you could probably append the words "with a loss" to this headline and still accurately gauge the commish's feelings. I mean, we're glad to have Mizzou and aTm, but secretly we all wanted them to get kind of a "rude awakening" to what the SEC's all about, right?
- Jarvis Jones claims that he was able to figure out Mizzou's snap count, which enabled him to get a head start for most of the second half. Best defensive player in America, y'all.
- It's not just folks at this blog that think Mizzou fans are in denial about the game. For the record, this is kind of how it always is, isn't it? The way we play and the way we win usually makes opposing fans think they "should have won" or "would have won if 'x' or 'y' hadn't gone against us." But that's what good teams do... they take advantage of their opponent's mistakes (and cause a few mistakes in their own right), and prevent the opponent from taking advantage of our mistakes. I don't think the Mizzou fans are in denial. They just think what most fans think after losing to UGA.
- Give Sheldon Richardson credit: he was a big man and personally apologized to Mark Richt and congratulated him after the game.
- And finally, in breaking news: Florida Atlantic is still not good. Very not good.
Have a great Monday, Dawg fans!