I am sitting here, at my mind numbing job, performing my duty for God and my country....or am I. I do live in Hawaii! All I can think about is college football! I run through my day like a robot, doing the job and making sure things are on point to please my superiors and make the mission happen...but I just cant get my mind off the occasional youtube video of Herchel, Smith, the obligatory hype video, dawgsports, thedawgbone, etc...you get the point. I need me some futbawl!!!
Caveat: I take my job seriously! I find great satisfaction in it and love to excel, but dammit, it time for some cracking of the helmets!
I figured, since I've never posted on here, that I would tell yall my Opening Day Meall! I know this has nothing to do with anything, but hey, I love the Dawgz and I wanted to share something that gives me comfort during the first game of the "always" championship year! And others...its that good!
1 - Polska Keilbasa/cubed
2 - Chk Breast/ cubed
1 lb - shrimp or scallops/depends on my mood
1 - Bell pepper/cubed
1 - Vidalia onion/cubed
10 - Fresh mushrooms/sliced
1 tbl spn - minced garlic
2 - cans of petite diced tomatoes
1 - can of tomato sauce
1 cup - white wine (sautarine is fine)
2 cups - red wine (me likes shiraz)
Lowrys garlic powder, sea salt, coarse black pepper, Tony Chachere Creole seasoning, olive oil, bay leaves, basil, and what ever else you may like!
1. Pour your favorite beverage! Me...Woodford Reserve and Diet Coke...DONT JUDGE ME!
2. Sautee the chicken in olive oil until cooked through. Season to your taste. Once done, strain and dump into Crock pot. Take a few sips of your tasty beverage!
3. Saute Keilbasa, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and mushrooms in olive oil and white wine. Sautee until onions are translucent. Dump all contents into Crock pot. Take a few more sips!
4. Add diced tomatoes/tomato sauce, 5 tbl sp of creole seasoning, 2 tbl sp Garlic powder/black pepper/sea salt, 2 bay leaves, few dashes of basil, and the red WIZZZINE!!! oh yeah! Now, i have made this a million times and it is never quite the same...season to your taste! I am not big on exact amounts of seasoning! Hell, I might throw in more red wine or a shot of whorchestershire and/or Texas Pete...its how i do! You should be on your second or third drink by now...catch up will you please!
5. Mix together and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 30 minutes before serving add shrimp/scallops. Do not over cook the shellfish and take a break from drinking or it could be a long day...just call 911 for any emergencies...you arent one of the Avengers even though your words may sound like Hulk. SMASH!!!
6. Serve over steamed white rice!
Its kinda-sorta labor intensive at the beginning, but it is soooooo worth it! Its my version of two old staples, red rice and a shrimp creole mix!
Happy cooking and GO DAWGZ!!!!
SavDawgUSAF aka. TBONE!!!