Bobo and Richt have mentioned being sure to establish the run in the 2nd half of the season. I hope this comes to fruition on Saturday in the Blue Grass State.
Coin toss...we choose to receive the ball. (I understand the kickoff and get the ball at half but this is about setting the tone and after the USCe meltdown we need this to get the Bojangles taste out of our mouth) Nothing wrong with some Bo-rounds and a Cajun Biscuit but you get the idea.
Set: I-formation. 2 WR's, 1 TE, and 1 FB.
1st play: TE lines up on the left. FB lead - off LT.
2nd play: Up the gut - double ISO.
3rd play: Toss right. TE strong side and FB lead.
4th play: Up the gut - double ISO.
5th play: TE on the right side. FB to the right - RB counter left.
6th play: Up the gut - double ISO.
7th play: Toss left. TE strong and FB lead.
8th play: Up the gut - double ISO. TD Dawgs!
- Establish the run a la UF '07 and GT (Bobo's 1st game calling plays I believe)
- Rebuild the confidence the O-line started to have before the USCe game. Run this in practice all week so that everyone knows what to expect.
- Set's up the PA for the rest of the game. Nothing is worse to a defense when you run it down their throat - hence the double ISO trend - and then hit them deep when they change their game plan.
- Set the tone for the remainder of the 2012 season. Send a message to the Gators.
- 8 plays - 75 yards - 6 minute drive.
- TD good guys.