Good morning, Dawg fans! It's the penultimate day of January, which means one thing: National Signing Day is almost here! Follow the latest on Georgia's class here at Dawg Sports (led by people not named me who actually know what they're talking about in the 'crootin arena), with the best in national coverage available at SB Nation Recruiting Central.
To help start what will hopefully be a great week for the Dawgs off on the right foot, I offer the following links for your information and edification:
- For those of you who don't have an unhealthy obsession with high school kids: Seth Emerson has a helpful FAQ to help you prepare for National Signing Day, including a picture of last-year's highlight of the day. It's worth noting that the pic he uses also became Isaiah Crowell's signature photograph for exactly 10 minutes...
... until this little gem made its debut. (This picture has been lawya'd)
- #FireMikeBobo: Mark Richt cancelled a last-minute visit to a high-profile recruit's house on Saturday, which shows that he has clearly lost his fire and commitment to the Georgia football program, and should resign immediately. Or maybe just Mike Bobo.
- BREAKING NEWS: Auburn cheats: If you've watched watched the ESPN-produced documentary "Pony Excess" (which, if you haven't, you should), then you know that last minute changes of heart in recruiting are frequently (allegedly) accompanied by "additional encouragement." Totally unrelated to this are the stories showing Auburn coming on strongly late in the 2012 recruiting battle, despite losing both offensive and defensive coordinators in the offseason. (Not to mention the Tiglesmen's history of "finishing strong" in recruiting. ALLEGEDLY.)
- He'll totally get to block sometimes, too: Georgia Tech pulled in a verbal commitment yesterday from a Wide Receiver prospect out of Cook County. Apparently, Paul Johnson promised him he would be able to do something other than just stand on the field at the end of the formation and serve as a decoy for the running game.
- Brandon Boykin sustained a hearbreaking career-threatening injury in the Senior Bowl: Or, you know, it could just be a thing that keeps him sidelined for a couple of weeks. Whatever. The bottom line is that Buck Belue scooped the story! I swear, what's the deal with Georgia playing greats and irresponsible Twittering?
- Since it's the offseason, it's finally officially "wild conference realignment speculation" season: Actually, the title kind of says it all. But if the Big XII were to actually end up with a school within 90 miles of Athens, I'm going to go personally kick Mike Slive's ass.
- U-S-A! U-S-A! (Or, if you prefer... "AMERICA! F*** Yeah!"): Yeah, I know, soccer on a football week... but for the roundy-kicky-ball fans among us, the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team served notice over the past week that they're back and ready to (re)start kicking butt and taking names. Over the 5 matches they played in the 2012 Olympic qualifying tournament, they outscored their opponents38-0, including a victory in the championship game over Canada yesterday with a 4-0 scoreline that was 3-0 within the first 30 minutes. (Or, in other words, not even as close as the blowout score might indicate.) And Hope Solo is, uh...
(This picture of Hope Solo blowing you a kiss has been lawya'd. Thanks, lawyas.)
Er, um... I'm sorry, what were we talking about, again?
Have a great Monday, everybody!