So today at 7pm I will become an alumni of our beloved university. I have never been so proud of myself and as terrified and excited about the future. As I was counting down to graduation I made a list of my top 15 memories while a student at UGA. I thought I would share them with you all since some of them are sports related.
- the first time we played glory my freshman year in the band room- i say we played, but i just sat there and smiled ear to ear in shock and happiness. for those of you that have not had the honor of hearing this, just imagine the redcoat band playing like they were in Sanford but being in a enclosed room. in that moment i knew i was a Dawg forever.
- the china trip- that trip changed who i am. i am now hooked on international travel. but the biggest thing that changed me on that trip was realizing that no matter what race, religion, political beliefs, or culture...people are just people. I believe in the general good of humanity.
- pledging SAI- those 10 weeks were some of my favorite time as UGA. nothing says sisterhood like scrapbook sleepovers and red book dancing.
- the blackout- the original blackout vs. Auburn. when they came out of that tunnel wearing black the stadium was beyond crazy. and then we got an interception on the first play from scrimmage. Epic game!
- the 07 Florida game- Yeah, that was the touchdown celebration game. Yeah, i was there. and yeah, it was awesome!
- The Georgia Center crew- who knew that such a random group of individuals would all come together by working at the G Cent and become an inseparable group of friends. they are a big part of who i am.
- Beckham's final HR in the super-regional- it was one of those sports moments you don't ever forget. "I don't wanna lose your love tonight" was blasting from the house on the hill the rest of the game
- Working at the airport- i didn't know how much i loved aviation until i worked there. is has been the best job. I look forward to work every day and don't mind staying late. I LOVE my job!
- The sec baseball tournament- 4 days of non-stop baseball. pretty sure that's what heaven is. if not, im not going.
- The summer I spent at arch bar- great people, lots of baseball, and just being a college girl
- sec championship freshman year- I will always remember how quiet all those LSU fans got after DJ Shockley showed out.
- Last minute road trip in 06- A fantastic weekend with great friends
- the post valentines party every year- gotta love a party where you are encouraged to dress like you are in a rap video.
- seeing someone pulled over by a bike cop my first night of college- hello real world!
- GORP trips- i went caving, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and rock climbing. Best PE class ever!
and with that, Congrats to the class of 2011....WE DID IT!