Ferris Bueller was right: life moves pretty fast, and, if you don’t slow down every now and again, you might miss something. Here are a few items of note you might have missed:
- Although I tackled this topic recently, I can’t top David Hale’s take on the offseason meme rating somewhere between "Urban Meyer is going to Notre Dame" and "Lane Kiffin has a plan" on the preposterosity-o-meter. (Yes, I know it’s "preposterousness," but some levels of preposterousness call for improper English in order to illustrate their lucicrousness, and this is one of them.)
- This is completely right, but this is just wrong.
- If you’re in the market for a new uncle, Doug Gillett knows where to turn. Personally, I’d put Shatner a little higher on the list, though.
- Iowa State fans hate Auburn and Florida, so, naturally, they like us. Well, then, go Cyclones!
- You go, Gordo.
- Poseur is right: Les Miles is not a buffoon and John Chavis is that good a defensive coordinator. By the way, is there a more underappreciated position in the Southeastern Conference today than defensive coordinator? Think of all the credit guys like John Chavis and Charlie Strong should be getting, but aren’t. It seems like the only folks who appreciate the quality of SEC defensive coordinators are in the Big 12, ‘cause they’re the ones who keep hiring them.
- Yeah, you knew this already, but it bears repeating: fall practice starts tomorrow!
Dang, I’m ready for some football.