There's a reason why this site is called Dawg Sports; it's because MaconDawg and I pay attention to more than just football in our efforts to keep comprehensive tabs on events here in Bulldog Nation; to wit:
- The Georgia men's golf team carded a sixth-place finish at the Carpet Capital Collegiate last weekend, while the Bulldog lady linksters ended up in ninth place at the Mason Rudolph Championship.
- Red and Black equestrian coach Meghan Boenig is determined to change the national perception that Georgia is a "hunt seat powerhouse" by improving the Bulldogs' corps of Western riders. If you have the faintest clue what that means, please leave me a comment explaining it to me. In any case, Georgia's Western riders will enter the arena for the first time this weekend.
- Bulldog women's tennis players Cameron Ellis and Kelley Hyndman both won singles titles at the St. Mary's Classic. The men's tennis team, meanwhile, evidently plans to hold a banquet to crown itself king.
- Volleyball season is underway; in fact, the Bulldogs are 10-2 and Bohl-Iggelheim, Germany's Britta Buethe has been named S.E.C. Freshman Player of the Week.
- While we're on the subject of Players of the Week, Jeff Owens captured that honor among S.E.C. defensive linemen following his five-tackle day against the Catamounts. Also, kickoff for the Georgia-Ole Miss game has been set for 1:00 p.m. Yeah, I know, that was football news. I couldn't resist.