It's a busy time of year, in life as well as in sports, so the odds are even more stacked against your ability to keep up than usual, which means you could use a little help, which I am only too happy to provide, but, since I don't have any more free time than you do, I hope you won't mind if I run it down for you pretty quickly, 'cause here we go:
- It has been a lousy week for University of Georgia athletics. A football player was suspended. The basketball team's losses to Kentucky and Tennessee put a serious damper on the Bulldogs' tournament hopes. The Diamond Dogs lost all three games in their homestand against U.S.C. The Gym Dogs lost for the first time in two years. Fortunately, the tennis team continues to shine.
- After Jim Delany defended the Big Ten by bashing the S.E.C., there arose a bit of a furor among webloggers from the respective conferences, ultimately culminating in statistical breakdowns that led to a much more measured and reasonable conclusion.
I'm glad we got that cleared up before I had to play the Desmond Howard card.
- Sunday Morning Quarterback went away on vacation, but not before he shared his latest thoughts on the playoff conundrum, to which I belatedly have replied . . . twice.
- Doug has filled up his iPod. This astonishes me. I mean, there's not enough good music out there to fill up an iPod. Beyond that, I believe it was Robin Williams who said that cocaine is God's way of telling you that you make too much money, and, along those same lines, I can't help but wonder whether a full iPod is God's way of telling you that you need to get out and meet more people . . . like, for instance, at Bloggerpalooza '07, which Doug and I should be hosting prior to the G-Day game, provided that either of us can take a moment to get something organized with the other. Stay tuned.
My iPod contains Redcoat Band marches, Drive-By Truckers songs, and William Faulkner's Nobel Prize acceptance speech. What more could a fellow possibly need on his iPod than that?
- SportsBlogs Nation's Tyler Bleszinski recently was named the second most influential sports blogger, for which accolade he is most deserving. If you're not familiar with Blez, you should be.
- Finally, Tuesday night will mark the occasion of the second edition of EDSBS Radio on BlogTalkRadio, which represents a great leap forward for the blogosphere. I called in last week and I will be calling in again this week to report on the voting results on a poll question arising out of last week's show. Get your ballots in if you haven't already.