As I mentioned yesterday, next week will be a light week of posting here at Dawg Sports, but I didn't want to leave you hanging, so I thought I'd jot down a few notes to keep you acquainted with what's going on in the intercollegiate athletics blogosphere:
- One of the things I love about Nico is that he hates Auburn, too. If this isn't the funniest thing you've seen all week, well, you must have had a darned amusing week. Also, as long as I'm bashing Auburn and praising Nico, I should point you in the direction of Orson's take on Bear Bryant, cheerleaders, and the Ford Motor Company.
- Did you know that Georgia is one of the top 10 states at producing N.F.L. talent? When I was made aware of this datum, I sat down in my thinking chair and thought . . . thought . . . thought.
If you got the foregoing "Blue's Clues" reference, you probably have a toddler, too.
- Maurice Clarett will be playing for the Mahoning Valley Hitmen of the Eastern Indoor Football League. It could be worse, I suppose. If Maurice was Japanese, he'd probably have to take his own life by ritual suicide in order to restore the honor of his ancestors.
- My thanks go out to Jake for pointing me in the direction of Bleed Cubbie Blue's breakdown of the won-lost record of each of his caps. Al, we are so on the same page on this sort of thing! (In a related item, the Georgia Sports Blog's Paul Westerdawg wants to know your won-lost record at Bulldog games you've attended.)
Game day attire . . . if it's not a part of the solution, it's part of the problem.
- The Lawgiver is toughening up the admissions standards for BlogPoll voters. Also, Brian had some stuff to say about hockey and soccer that couldn't have been more incomprehensible to me if it had been translated into Sanskrit, written on vellum with a leaky ball-point pen that made the letters appear blurry, and read aloud by Miss Othmar from the "Peanuts" cartoons.
- Maize n Brew Dave put a lot of time . . . I mean a lot of time . . . into figuring out whether this was the worst Michigan home schedule, like, ever. Isn't this a pretty good sign that we need to get a home and home series between Georgia and Michigan on the schedule?
Any excuse to break out The M Zone's cool Georgia-Michigan helmet graphic is a good enough excuse for me.
Well, that's all the news that's fit to print for now. Have a good weekend and I'll get back to you next week.