The new work week already is upon us and there is no time to waste . . . not with college football only a month away. Consequently, I won't mince words and I'll do my best to make this short and sweet, so you can get caught up in the time it takes to scarf down that morning cup of coffee.
- Lately, I've spent a lot of time talking about Notre Dame, but I'm not the only one: in addition to those commentators identified previously, Block U, Maize n Brew, and (once again) Jmac have shared their thoughts, as well.
- After offering advance looks at Western Kentucky and South Carolina, I provided a preview of U.A.B. last evening. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball by forgetting to include a picture of Birmingham native Courteney Cox.
- Speaking of folks who hail from the Yellowhammer State, every Alabama fan has to love the fact that Nico has broken out the game footage from the 1979 Sugar Bowl. What is slightly less inspiring for the Crimson Tide faithful is the fact that the school is doing its best to avoid having its season opener televised.
- Evidently, Jim Donnan has shared his views on S.E.C. football with Paul Finebaum. It seems to me that, if Jim Donnan knew the first thing about S.E.C. football, he wouldn't be an on-air personality (sic.), he'd still be coaching S.E.C. football.
I should listen to this guy . . . why, exactly?
- Kit Kitchens is rambling, but that's not a bad thing.
- As all of you know, I went to a Braves game last week. Evidently, I'm not the only one.
A.C. and his buddy Kyle . . . no, not the same Kyle. It's just a weird coincidence. (Photograph from A.C. Evans.)
- The Lawgiver saw Shannon Elizabeth in Las Vegas. Evidently, he played some poker, too, but, really, I just sort of skimmed it after the Shannon Elizabeth part.
- Over at S.E.C. Football Talk, Todd's attempt to rank the league's head football coaches lists Mark Richt behind Steve Spurrier, due in part to the fact that Darth Visor took over a 6-5 team and improved it all the way to 7-5. Todd also concludes that Bobby Johnson is as bad as Rich Brooks, which tells you something about the quality of this list. Still, he thinks Auburn and Florida are the most overrated teams in the conference, which I also think is wrong, but I like that thought, nevertheless.
You may be wondering why I didn't rearrange the preceding two items and include a Shannon Elizabeth picture here. Hey, have you ever tried doing a Google image search for a family-friendly picture of Shannon Elizabeth? Besides, I gave you the Courteney Cox picture, didn't I? (Photograph from Georgia Sports Communications.)
That ought to bring you up to speed. Now have a good week and get to work.