Tuesday morning is upon us and, if you're like me, you have a lot on your plate, so there's no time to waste. Here's what you need to know to keep you up to date:
- Alas, Oregon State beat the Diamond Dogs in Monday's College World Series elimination game, so you can still follow the N.C.A.A. baseball action at Building the Dam, but, here at Dawg Sports, it's 74 days until football season . . . and counting.
- U.C.L.A. and Nebraska have scheduled a home and home series for 2012 and 2013. If you haven't done so already, write George Solomon about Georgia-Michigan now.
Alabama-Ohio State . . . Nebraska-U.C.L.A. . . . next stop: Georgia-Michigan! (Image courtesy The M Zone.)
- You can tell it's the college football offseason when you find yourself reading reports about former Bulldogs in the Canadian Football League. The C.F.L. couldn't interest me less unless it was soccer . . . except, of course, when you're talking about Nico's World Cup "Best Name" Team.
- Sunday Morning Quarterback became concerned that he might begin hallucinating shortly after he offered his preseason assessment of hippie-dippy, free-spirited Oregon. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. . . .
Will S.M.Q. become a Merry Prankster before getting to his preview of Texas?
- Have you ever wanted to compose your own top 25 poll but found the task too daunting? Orson Swindle has provided an easy do-it-yourself guide.
- I know the big day was Sunday, but it's not too late to read Cardinal and Gold's Father's Day posting.
Not that kind of Joe . . . different spelling of Coffey. . . .
You are now free to unbuckle your seatbelt and move about your workday.