There's been a lot going on in the world lately, so, while you're on a break, let's take a minute to get you caught up on everything you need to know to be a fully informed citizen of Bulldog Nation:
- Each of the top four seeds lost in Wednesday's S.E.C. tournament action, including the Diamond Dogs. Georgia's elimination game against the Bat Cats is underway right now, so look for more on that this evening.
- This dawned on me last night, so I thought I'd ask just to make sure. Is the actor who played the guy who carjacked David Fisher on "Six Feet Under" the same actor who played Enos in the greatest movie ever made, "The Dukes of Hazzard"? I have to say, I find it a little unsettling to think that this might be the case, so leave me a comment to let me know whether I'm right or wrong on this one.
"Enos, where's Boss Hogg . . . and why'd you do poor David like that when he was just trying to give you a lift to the gas station?"
- A.C. continues to keep us updated on the Redcoat Band's tour of China and Kanu is doing fine work breaking down Georgia's loss to Pepperdine in the N.C.A.A. men's tennis tournament and paying much-deserved tribute to Uber-Dawg Dan Magill.
- If you haven't been keeping up with the Dannell Ellerbe saga, the Georgia Sports Blog has the scoop, in both a lighthearted and a serious vein. In the meantime, if you're like me, you already saw this at the Dawg Bone, but it bears repeating. Here is what the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Jeff Schultz had to say about the situation:
Coming from a cynical curmudgeon like Schultz, that's practically sainthood. In any case, score one for Bruins Nation's side of the argument.
- It has already garnered some attention at Maize n Brew and at the Georgia Sports Blog, but, in case you hadn't heard, I have been blasting other schools' lame mascot traditions. I wouldn't advise creating a drinking game that involved taking a shot every time you read about another team's live mascot being involved in an unpleasant altercation with an automobile.
- If you don't think this is hilarious, you're reading the wrong weblog, my friend.